House insurance

To save costs and taxes, in Portugal you normally take the house insurance in combination with other insurances such as personal liability insurance. This is not obliged, so you can always take an independant house insurance.

Furthermore, the basic home house insurance in Portugal can be compared to the more detailed contents / building insurance in the UK.


The possibilities

  • extra coverage: covers the damage to your contents / building by an unforeseen event
  • earthquakes: covers the damage done by earthquakes. However, in Portugal you will have an excess of 5% of the insured value.
  • depending on your demands it is possible to change the percentage of excess for your house insurance
  • protection against lightning damage
  • garden furniture coverage

The extra house insurance covers the replacement and reconstruction costs of your property.

The insured replacement value is determined by the number of m2 living area including all floors and possible pool and/or outbuildings. This amount is multiplied with a factor, based on the region where your property is located.

Optional and at extra premium you can choose the same policy for additional coverage against earthquake damage.

With SeguroRoyal you can take out a contents and building insurance at competitive premiums and attractive conditions.



Tel.: +351 282 498 209
Mobile: +351 964 645 952

Edificio Pluma
Rua Dr. Teófilo Braga nº 17
loja 5